Liability Insurance

Personal injury, damage to another person's property or assets. Liability insurance protects you in the event of personal mishaps and wards off unjustified claims.

Request offer

The advantages for you

  • Covers injury or damage to other people, their property, assets and animals.
  • Free advice by phone on questions concerning Swiss law.
  • We arrange emergency assistance 24/7.
  • The myCSS client portal lets you access your documents at any time.

Good to know

Discount for you
10% discount if you're already insured with CSS. Plus, up to 5% for multi-year contracts.
Entire household
It protects not only you, but everyone else who lives with you.
Retention fee
Unless otherwise agreed, your retention fee is CHF 200 per loss event.

How liability insurance works

Prepared for whatever comes your way

A mishap can occur before you know it. Whether you, a family member or a pet is to blame. Personal liability covers the cost of:

  • Property damage: destruction, damage or loss of property
  • Personal injury: injury, damage to health or killing of persons
  • Damage to animals: injury, damage to health or killing of animals
  • Monetary losses: financial disadvantages or losses as the result of insured personal injury or property damage

As individual as you are

And the supplementary insurance options let you choose exactly the cover you need.

Frequently asked questions

An unlucky accident can happen to anyone. Liability insurance protects you and everyone who lives with you from financial damage and wards off unjustified claims for damages.

Yes. Refugees from Ukraine with S status are included in the insurance – regardless of whether you have cover for one or more people. This applies until they leave Switzerland or, at the latest, until their S status comes to an end.

  • Damage in the host's household
    Up to CHF 2,000 of damage caused by the refugee is covered.
  • Damage to the host's motor vehicle
    Up to CHF 2,000 of damage caused by the refugee is covered if you already had supplementary insurance for "Driving third-party motor vehicles" before you took in the refugees.

Yes. You can take out supplementary insurance to cover damage to ve­hi­cles that you only use occasionally.

Yes. You can also insure:

  • a waiver of benefit reductions in the event of gross negligence
  • the driving of third-party motor vehicles
  • the hiring and borrowing of horses
  • insurance cover for secondary occupations

For damage by natural forces, such as hail, storm or flooding, the re­ten­tion fee for household contents is CHF 500 per loss event.

The insurance can be cancelled at the end of the minimum contract term by giving three months' notice.

Yes. Moving out of your parents’ house is the first step towards independence. We support this step with affordable insurance for young adults under 25.


Personal advice

Get in touch for a personal consultation.

Insuring household contents correctly

Properly insured e-bikes

Whether for theft, property damage or accident – this e-bike cover makes sense.

Good to know
Bike stolen

Report the bicycle theft to the police, then contact your insurance.

Get help
What to do after a burglary

It's important to take the right steps if you want your insurance to pay your claim.

Good to know
First own apartment

What costs are incurred, what is needed and which insurance products are important.

To the checklist
Household contents

What is covered? What gets paid, what you should note & how to save on premiums.

Read now
Checklist for moving house

To make the move a success, there are a few important things to keep in mind.

This is important
Coming-of-age checklist

Turning 18 brings new rights, but also new responsibilities.

What will change
Show more